Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 2 to the 11th

We went to Jackson for the night. Joy and Louis came over to Grandmother's to have dinner with us. Guess who slept right through their visit?

Rebekah really likes bath time, rather its in the sink or the real tub. We think she has ecxema . We have stopped using Johnson & Johnson products and started using Aveeno. Her skin has cleared up.
We stopped in Jackson to spend the night on our way to Starkville. We met Momma and Hayley for dinner at Sakura Bana. Rebekah loves her Mamie. Check out this big smile!
Mommy is lazy and didn't want to pack up the Pack 'n' Play so...Little Miss slept in a drawer (on the bed) at Grandmother's. She seemed to like it as much as her crib. She slept straight through the night as usual.
We went to Starkville for my dear friend, Laura's wedding. I was an honorary bridesmaid. I enjoyed seeing Laura and her family, and getting to know Laura's other friends. This was Rebekah's first trip (other than to Jackson to see family).
My great friend !!!! Mary Helen went with us to Starkville to help with Rebekah. Mary Helen is a God.send. Rebekah liked her and was pretty good when MH babysat. I think MH got Rebekah smiling more than any of the grandmothers have.We drove home from Starkville on Mother's Day. These two mothers had a good time playing and talking to Rebekah, AND the "Beks" enjoyed it too!

We were ready to be home with J.R. We came home to learn that Cotton and Rice died. I was really upset. We went to have supper at El Rancho where Rebekah really smiled at her Daddy over and over and over. I miss my kitties!!! We got them in May 2005. They were about three or four weeks old. I had to bottle feed them, so teeny tiny. They went through several moves with us. I will keep missing them. I think I new kitten will ease the pain...maybe J.R. will give in before Rebekah is six, maybe.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

KA! I'm so sad about Cotton and Rice. I remember when you got them. They were your little delta remembrances. Were they sick?

I was so glad to meet little Rebekah. Thank you for letting me hold her so much. She is a Q T.

love.