Tuesday, June 3, 2008

a list of my oddities requested by Amberly

My brain is lacking these days so J.R.* helped me.

1. Everything has to be in its home!* Example: Our laundry baskets are labeled. I wash and dry the laundry. Then I seperate into piles. I immediately put Rebekah's and my laundry up in the closet or the drawer wherever it goes. After many inner struggles, I've learned to accept and even relax with J.R.'s pile of clean clothes on the couch in our room. Amazing, how marriage has relaxed me in some ways. I can sleep with a door open now too.

2. I'm a dirty clean freak.* You have a baby and see what you keep picked up and clean. It is the house or me, and I don't have to look at myself.

3. I spend 3,000* minutes on my phone a month. I think it is way less than that now. You must remember that I talk for me and for J.R. At the end of the day, I get his left over words and I just have to use them.

4. I remember where and when I got practically everything I own. Like my "yaga" shirt I wore last week, I definitely got it in the seventh grade ('94) from UNDERGROUND at NorthPark mall. I also still have ALL my old "diaries" starting in the fifth grade ('91). I used to grade my days. The day got an "A" if noone picked on me. Such a geek!

5. I'm horrible at math. Very, very horrible. I still count on my fingers and if I'm not using my fingers I use touchpoints.

6. I like to paint at midnight.* I like to do my own thing when the rest of the house is asleep and therefore cannot interrupt me. I'm just a night owl.

7. I've got athletic legs but I'm not an athlete.*

1 comment:

Matt and Amberly Collins said...

I totally didn't call you back, because I was at the beach. I am so sad I missed you and especially sad I missed your little teddy bear. Please Please Please call me again when you are in town.