So...I got a little video happy tonight. I haven't posted a video since November. And like I mentioned in the previous post, I'm doing it for the kids.
If you've talked to me one or two times since August, you'll know I haven't been as thrilled about my job as I have been in previous years. It has been hard being a wife and a mom and a teacher.
But God gave me an attitude adjustment over Christmas break that has recently been reaffirmed by the following quote...
Here's a radical idea: next time you're tempted to complain about your work, praise God for it instead. -Mark Buchanan
I have been doing a few things very differently. I've been praying and talking with God about work a super lot. I've been setting small short term goals at work, so I can leave there knowing I accomplished something (because I got to check it off my goal list) instead of feeling like a failure. And I've been trying to have a God-consciousness (thank you, Priscilla Shirer)...you know working like God is looking over my shoulder, and He actually is. He put me in this job for a reason and I need to do my very best at it to bring him the glory. All these things are really affecting how I deal with my sweet school babies. And they are sweet even when they are driving me up the wall!
That said, we still need your prayers. We have 13 weeks of school left and A SUPER LOT A BIT to accomplish.
And I found a new blog, it is written by this really handsome extremely wondeful guy... whoever is married to him is super blessed and I bet she is proud of him too. And I bet she may have permission to share his blog address with you very soon.



2 comments:
I can honestly say that I echo everything you just wrote! We have a TOUGH job, and it's not always easy to do it with a positive attitude. Daily, hour by hour, HE has to adjust my attitude.
At the end of the second video when you say. "bye-bye" June said bye-bye. She enjoys watching Bekah. You should make a video talking of you talking to June and Bay. They would love that. I love love love your new page. I think I want to quilt it as a wall hanging or something when I win my new sewing machine in march. So don't change your page so I can refer to it later.
Post a Comment