God got all over me again this morning.
Tony preached from John 13:1-17. He titled his sermon "Jesus and Dirty Feet".
He started off with the following video.
(Click here to learn more about Penn and Teller)
My heart was struck. It is hatred to believe in heaven and hell and to not share/witness to people you aren't postive are headed to heaven. So many of us don't share because it is awkward or we are scared of how a person will react. Which reminds me something of Priscilla Shirer's I read several weeks ago --"Not allowing our happiness to interfere with our holiness can be a difficult challenge..." So what is more important our personal comfort or someone else's eternity?
Deep stuff.
The main point of the sermon was we are commanded to love as God loved us. God loved us by serving. So we should serve because we love. And in a week or two or three, you can listen to the sermon here.
Tony ended with this quote from Mother Teresa --"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you." which made me think of my school babies (who have obviously already been on my heart and mind A LOT) because they are near to me for the majority of my day. And thinking on the school babies made me remember these other lovely ideas I gleamed from Mrs. Shirer.--"Mothering is not the ultimate goal of being a mom, revealing Christ to the children is." and "The anointing causes a woman with children to become a developer of Christian soliders."
Now I know my school babies are not my personal children, but I think I am closer with them than most regular education teachers are to their children. We get up close and personal in my room. It is me and 4-5 kids most of the day. We really know each other. I get called "Mom" A LOT. And God has laid it on my heart that it is my job to try to teach these little lovelies their academics but also to show them His love. And I'm taking that job assignment way more seriously these days.
I'm very glad God continues to reinforce this lesson time and time again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
A great word.
Post a Comment