Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's Assignment

It is hard for me to narrow down chores to one least favorite. I have a couple. But my very very least favorite has earned that title because of how often I have to do it.

My least favorite chore is emptying the dishwasher (thanks for passing that one on Mom.)

Emptying the dishwasher is very necessary. I do it begrudgingly at least three times a week.

If I stopped doing it, several things would happen. Our kitchen would begin to smell pretty awful. Our available kitchen counter space would dwindle away bit by bit. We would have to buy paper or plastic dishes which when used would drastically up our grocery bill and the amount of waste our household produces which in the long run may result in the end of the world. Anybody else want to complete the assignment for today?

On another note, tonight was the third session of "Anointed, Transformed and Redeemed" bible study. AND it was awesome. AND I am so blessed to have a God that has chosen me and loves me despite myself and chooses the most awesome ways to show me more of Himself.

And on another note, if any of you are looking for things to add to your prayer list, I would love for you to pray for me and my students as we finish out this school year. We all need a little more patience for each other and a little longer attention spans and a lot more Jesus in our interactions. Ok? Ok, thanks.

2 comments:

april said...

My least favorite chore is scrubbing the stovetop.

It is necessary, but it isn't necessary for it to always look gleaming white. I think a gentle scrubbing every evening and a thurough scurbbing less frequently would be okay.

If I stopping scrubbing up the spills, the stove top would look brown and black. Eventually, we would smell the horrid stench of old burnt food every time we cooked. Our lungs would burn and our food would probably taste bad. I think I'll keep cleaning the stove. (Thanks, Chris, for often doing the deep cleaning for me).

The Cochrans said...

Think of your new baby nephew coming in May! Maybe that'll help!

...and my least favorite chore is well, everything that has to do with carpet!