Thursday, March 5, 2009

I haven't written publicly on this in quite some time. Some things changed Tuesday.

(If the video isn't working, here's the link.)





My very human nature has had a taste of "justice" in this life.

This is scary and intimidating stuff to me.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord. -Romans 12:9

For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. -Ecc. 12:14

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: -Luke 6:37


It is a wee bit difficult not to judge when I'm hurt.

It is hard not to be too joyful and prideful at this man's sentencing.

It is hard to pray for this man's soul and his eternity (Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27, Luke 6:35).

It is hard to forgive when a person doesn't seem to be repentant

(Matthew 6:12, Mark 11:26, Luke 23:34).

And at times like these, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of the world.

I find rest in the truth that my God carries me and gives me a peace that passes all understanding.

I'm so thankful that in His grace alone He chose me, forgave me, and saved me from myself.

Here's a song that has been speaking to my broken and bent heart lately...

(to listen, page down and turn off the other music then page back up and click play)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I had no idea your family ties to this terrible accident. We were so sad when this happened, and prayed for your families and FBC. I don't think I knew her name... what a great name! Praying for you all still.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry! I had no idea your family had been through that. I can only imagine how much it hurts. I'll be praying for you!
Andrea

Leslie said...

We love y'all.....praying......