So several months ago, Crystal had a very good idea. Her good idea was for us to attend a Living Proof Live even for her birthday. We all discussed and agreed that it was a very good idea. So Friday afternoon, Crystal, Jennifer, Kristin and I loaded up and drove to New Orleans.
And we saw Beth Moore (and her hair) (and her cute clothes). 

I had to include this picture of Rebekah watching Beth Moore's Esther study while we were home sick on Thursday.
Now back to LPL in NOLA.
Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
And we saw Beth Moore (and her hair) (and her cute clothes). 

I had to include this picture of Rebekah watching Beth Moore's Esther study while we were home sick on Thursday.Now back to LPL in NOLA.
She taught from 1Thessalonians5:11-24
Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
It was great. It was amazing. God is amazing. I loved it.
One thing Beth put before us was the importance of living in a community of faith. It made me think back to my Delta State days and the girls who were my community and how God used them to encourage me and shape me and to teach me about Himself. Our community of faith changes with time and enviroments. I think those girls (JenFin, Joy, Rebecca, Annette, Amberly, Sayward, Hilary...) will always be so important to me. They were the first people who I felt loved me despite myself. I cry to think about it. Sweetness.
And Travis Cottrell lead the worship times, which were awesome too. God is so awesome with the awesome things He does through his servants. I bounce on my toes when music moves me. I bounced so much Friday and Saturday that my calves are about to fall off my body.
Ok, thanks for reading.
They are writing about this event here.



3 comments:
awwww... you are sweet. She is awesome. After I saw her I tried to retell it tony and I could not express it the way she did. It is refreshing to see someone on fire for Jesus.
you know what? Boomama and Big mama were there too. How cool! Blogging is awesome.
So, so awesome! Loved that video and song. We sang Jesus Saves in choir. So, like, for real...you saw Big Mama and Boo Mama? For real? Really? Whoa.
Post a Comment